MSc thesis project proposal
Array of wireless ACTUATORS for biomedical application
Biodegradable Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems open new perspectives to crucial medical challenges.
In some emergency situations, mechanical stimulation of organs is necessary, for example in the context of cardiovascular diseases. The objective of this project is the microfabrication and characterization of an array of wireless actuators for biomedical application.
This project will be performed in close collaboration with surgeons from the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam.
The student will perform the assignment at ECTM:
- Duration: 9-12 months
- Location: ECTM and EKL facilities at TU Delft
The expected activities
- Synthesis and characterization of biodegradable material composites
- Microfabrication and characterization of arrays wireless soft actuators
- Development of a setup to control the actuators
- Characterization of the actuators with in vitro model
You are an ambitious student looking for a challenging thesis project on new materials and microfabrication of actuators for medical applications. You have a biomedical engineering, material science, mechanical or microelectronics background. Good communication skills in English and a pro-active attitude are expected.
dr. Clementine Boutry
Electronic Components, Technology and Materials Group
Department of Microelectronics
Last modified: 2023-01-06