BM1107 Anatomy and physiology
Content of Anatomy and Physiology:
- Introduction to human physiology (human body, homeostasis, mass transport)
- Cell physiology (plasma membrane, cytoplasm, nucleus, cell growth and reproduction)
- Musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, musles)
- Nervous system (nerve cells, neurophysiology, central nerve system, peripheral nervous system and reflex activity, autonomic nervous system)
- Endocrine system (hormones and endocrine organs)
- Cardiovascular system: blood (blood cells, blood flow, blood pressure, vascular compliance, clotting, Newtonian flow).
- Cardiovascular system: heart (anatomy, coronary circulation, cardiac muscle fibres, cardiac output).
Immune system (specific and nonspecific body defences)
- Respiratory system (respiration, transport and exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, control mechanisms of respiration)
- Digestive system & metabolism (anatomy, digestion and absorption)
- Urinary system (anatomy, glomerular filtration, reabsorption, secretion, regulation mechanisms)
- Reproductive system and pregnancy ( anatomy male and female reproductive system, foetal circulation, oxygen transport in utero, umbilical cord, prematurity)
Last modified: 2016-02-25